Graveyard: A roughly square graveyard enclosed by a stone wall. In the centre of the graveyard lies a large Barrymore mausoleum built about 1747, it has a circular interior which is empty except for a monument commemorating James Barry, Earl of Barrymore, carved in 1753 by Sheehan and Houghton of Dublin. To the rear are external stairs which lead down to a crypt.. To the south a the church is a smaller mausoleum with a hipped roof belonging to the Peard family. There is a large collections of 18th and 19th century headstones and chest tombs lying to the south of the church. Two headstones date to 1689 (Thomas and Jesyp families) and there are two early ( chect tombs dating to 1681 (Vowel family) and 1683 (Peard family): this is the earliest group of such monuments in Co. Cork.
Church: In the centre of the Graveyard lie the remains of a cruciform (having the shape of a cross) church. A Church of Ireland church, now roofless occupies the nave and most of the crossing, also a large 18th century mausoleum occupies most of the chancel area. The nave of the Church of Ireland church incorporates walls of an earlier nave, but the north and south walls were re-built on line of earlier foundations.
Cruciform Church was possibly built as a Dominican Friary in the 13th / 14th century, but this is not confirmed. Judging by architectural details it is thought that some re-building took place in the 15th / 16th century. The Church of Ireland Church was built in the 1770′s by the the Barrymore family who lived in the nearby Castlelyons Castle. This church was completely renovated and restored in 1899 and was closed in the early 1960′s.